Penny saved is a penny earned :)

Go to: http://www.mytranont.com/fxf1
Click on the calculator and see what you can save :)
It is currently working for Jacob and I!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Simple Things in Life

So, here I was reading a talk from the Ensign. The conference addition, so I had heard it before. But one part especially stood out to me. In Pres. Uchtdorf's talk "Of Things That Matter Most" he asks us to get to know the basics. He lists 4 of them:

1) Our relationship with God: he is our Father, He loves us, and we are His children.
2) Our relationship with our Families: love is spelled t-i-m-e. lets talk with each other, not about each other.
3) Our relationship with our Fellow men: be responsive to others needs, serve them, and give of our time and talents.
4) Our relationship with ourselves: He suggests that people don't get along with themselves, they criticize and belittle themselves all day long until they hate themselves. He suggests, as a solution to this, to watch a sun rise, enjoy God's creations, ponder truth, and find out what all of this means to you.

He ends by saying "Let us simplify our lives a little. Let us make the changes necessary to refocus our lives on the sublime beauty of the simple, humble path of Christian discipleship- the path that leads always toward a life of meaning, gladness and peace."

So, as I was thinking about this... I remember all of the little things in life that I love..

My favorite place in Rexburg Idaho. I call it my "thinking place."


The beautiful grounds of any temple.


Southern Utah! Where my family always takes their spring break.


The Grounds of my school. Whether Sunshiny...



Or snowy.



Taking my niece on a walk :)



Or being next to my sweetheart. This time we were riding a horse... But any time I am with him, I love it.


I also love that Jacob loves little things in life. The other day it had just finished raining and he came home from lunch, as he was leaving he told me to come look! So I did..

There was a Robin taking a bath in our driveway. This is not our Robin, but you get the idea. Except there was no green around him, only mud and water. But it was SO cute :)

AND he text me from work to tell me to hurry and look outside because there was a rainbow.

I love him.

And I love the little things in life. Especially the ones we can share.


No comments:

Post a Comment