Penny saved is a penny earned :)

Go to: http://www.mytranont.com/fxf1
Click on the calculator and see what you can save :)
It is currently working for Jacob and I!

Monday, March 7, 2011

A post from Kara: Daddy's Girl

I just want to say how much I love my dad. He is amazing and he will always be my hero. Before I was married, during my bridal shower, one of his friends said "wow, I can't believe one of Mike's children are getting married in the temple..." My dad's reply was, "yep I raised her so good!" and the friend laughed and said "yeah right." My dad's response: "Yeah, I taught her what not to do." haha this made me smile.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

These were/are my dad's favorite words to tell me. Well, next to "I love you."

Truth be told... There are a lot of things that he does, that I do too. I think our minds think a lot alike. And I wouldn't have it any other way. He always has been my best friend, and I know I am one of his best friends (next to his wife, my mom, Toni.) He could always tell me everything, and I could always tell him everything. I remember only 1 time that I disappointed him, and that is what made me want to turn my life around. I hate disappointing my dad. We both have a more quiet personality. Sometimes we would spend time together where not much was said -often, this is when we communicated the most. And when I felt the most special. I am who I am today in a very large part because of my dad. My dad is amazing.

I love you Dad.

2 comments:

  1. I love your dad, too. My family teases me because I cry so easily whenever your dad (my brother) says sweet things to me- as simple as "I love you" means so much from him:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my brother Mike! A hug from him is the best there is!!

    ReplyDelete